Tuesday 10 February 2009

And the winner is...!


On Sunday night, the whole film industry had there eyes on London, as the BAFTA awards took place. The music industry however, put on there tuxes, ties, shiny shoes and top hats, to attend the American Grammy awards.

Just like the BAFTA awards had one winner sweeping the floor with the competition in Slumdog Millionaire, the Grammy's had one of there own. Lil' Wayne demolished the competition by taking four Grammy's back to his crib, slaming his door in the face of the few critics that possibly could be out there. He won the categories for Best Rap Album with 'The Carter III', Best Rap Song with 'Lollipop (feat. Static Major)', Best Rap Solo Performance with 'A Milli' and Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group alongside T.I., Jay-z, Kanye West and M.I.A with their hit 'Swagga like us'.

There is really nothing to argue about in this. 2008 was Mr Carter's year. Besides releasing the brilliant album 'The Carter III', he has collaborated with pretty much every artist ever born, and probably a few who yet have not seen daylight.

Atlanta rapper T.I. is the one I can think of to have been the best challenger to Lil' Wayne. His Paper Trail would any other year have won Best Rap Album. But Weezy made record breaking 10 tracks from 'The Carter III' to my iTunes playlist, while T.I.'s Paper Trail just made 9. This pretty much says it all.

However, T.I.P. did not cry over this. Instead he at the awards teamed up with Weezy and the rest of "The Rap Pack" to tare the roof down with the Best Rap Performace By A Duo Or Group.

T.I. feat Jay-Z, Kanye West, Lil' Wayne and M.I.A - Swagga like us



No comments: