Monday 23 February 2009

Review: Big Kuntry King - My turn to eat


"You know who this is mayne... Big Kuntry King!"

This is the catch phrase of T.I.'s protege Big Kuntry King, who's debut album 'My turn to eat' has been out for a while.

The album starts off with an intro playing on the fact that Big Kuntry is just known as T.I.'s friend, which is true. After that you expect to get a presentation, something telling us 'This is me, this is what I do.' But you get nothing. It's just track after track saying absolutely nothing.

Many of the tracks is collaborations with all from underground artists to big names like Trey Songs. But despite this they all just come together like a blurr and I found myself with the feeling of listening to just one long track.

Big Kuntry have in the past been a featured artist on T.I.'s tunes 'Top Back' and 'I'm a king (with PSC)' with great success. But not even The King of The South himself could make the track 'That's right' to a big hit.

It can all be summed up by saying, "No Big Kuntry King, we don't know who you are".

Grade: 2/5

Best track: 'Da Baddest feat. Trey Songs'



No comments: