Wednesday 25 February 2009

I was just thinking!


When I started this blog it was supposed to be a lot of british Hiphop in it as well as a mix with the stars of my home country Sweden, the big scene in the U.S. and where ever in the world I could find it.

But there is a problem... That problem annoys me as much as that feeling you get when you calmly wake up by the soothing noice of car engines, bicycle bells and truck horns, and you realize that you're not in bed, but naked in the middle of a roundabout with "Call me if you like what you see, 071xxxxxxxx" painted on your back.

I do not know anything about british Hiphop music. What was ones exported from here to the kingdom of Sweden, was Lady Sovereign, who sounded like a stuffed chipmunk with her braids tied so tight the talent center in her brain must have been pulled out, and Dizzee Rascal. That's pretty much it.

So, is the problem yours, the Brits, for not making good enough hip hop? Or ours, the Sweds, for not finding the true talent when we go fishing for new tunes on the islands? I don't know, probably the Swedes. We tend to be caught up on listening to Basshunter and new Abba covers while assembling our new Billy bookcases and Astrid tables from IKEA.

It must be ours. After all, Dizzee Rascal is quality Hiphop. Come on now, you can say it. Blame the Sweds! We're neutral, we haven't had a beef in ages. We're bored!

There is more of that quality Hiphop in this country, but where? For me just writing about Dizzee Rascal's music would be boring for all of us, so I'm asking you for help here. Just point me in a direction and I'll take it from there!

No comments: